Printer calibration issues resolved?

As it turns out, the y axis belt was not tight enough, so the belt teeth were slipping while the motor was turning. After discovering this, tightened the belt and every print has been amazing since! I'm hoping to start...

Continue reading →

The printer is finally assembled

I was finally able to finish putting the 3d printer together, but the prints have not turned out so well. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but I've met a lot of people in the BB-8 Builders...

Continue reading →

The printer is almost fully assembled

After finally receiving the frame, I was able to begin assembling the printer. I should have this assembled and printing soon!

Continue reading →

The dome is almost done!

After three months of sanding and priming and sanding and priming some more, we have finally finished painting the base colors on the dome pieces. We used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover Flat Black Paint + Primer for the...

Continue reading →

We ordered a 3d printer off Chinese Ebay

Alright, well, not exactly Chinese Ebay. But we almost did. This was just normal ebay with the seller based in China. We found a printer that was $5 cheaper and would arrive a lot sooner (it was the exact...

Continue reading →

Bondo, a waste-o time

John read something about using Bondo to smooth out the dome and sharpen the edges, so I attempted to add a thin layer of Bondo all over the dome. Unfortunately it's about 104ºF outside right now, so I'm only...

Continue reading →

Two cans of filler primer later…

Prime, sand, prime, sand, prime, sand. We've gone through almost two entire cans of primer and I think we're finally satisfied with the state of the main part of the dome. Now time to start focusing on the rest of...

Continue reading →

Finally got the filler primer

We bought some Rust-Oleum Gray Filler Primer and already after the first coat the dome is looking better. After sanding, you can already see a huge difference. Can't wait to get another coat of the primer on here and...

Continue reading →

First base coat on the BB-8 dome

After weeks and weeks (and weeks) of John sanding everything by hand, we put a base coat of Krylon Fusion Satin White spray paint on the BB-8 dome tonight. John thought the spray paint would fill the gaps in...

Continue reading →

I finished gluing all the pieces together

All of the dome pieces have been glued! There is still a lot to sand, but as the glue seems need to be sanded, there was not point in getting the dome 100% smooth on the first go. Below is...

Continue reading →