Ursula Necklace Master Post

Project: 3D Printed "Ursula Necklace" from The Little Mermaid Related blog posts Conceptualizing the project and the first test print: "I finally found a real use for your 3D Printer" Project update 1: Printing the real shell Proof of concept build: LED/mic check Assembly + code: Shell necklace...

Continue reading →

Shell necklace assembly

The instructions were pretty straightforward, the 3D printing required no adjustment but I did need to sand the opening on the back a little bit to fit the electronics inside. We did make some adjustments to the provided code,...

Continue reading →

LED/mic check

John finished assembling the electronics for the necklace, but the code that was included with the tutorial isn't quite working the way I wanted it to; I didn't like the "random" flashing that happened when the mic picked up...

Continue reading →

Printing the real shell

John bought some white filament and printed a couple of shells (it's always good to have a backup just in case something terrible happens). I'm even more stoked on this now that it's printed in white! The sandpaper I...

Continue reading →

“I finally found a real use for your 3D printer”

This year I decided I wanted to be Ursula from The Little Mermaid for Halloween. I spent several days trying to find a good tutorial online for her shell necklace. I initially imagined constructing something out of either craft...

Continue reading →

Printer calibration issues resolved?

As it turns out, the y axis belt was not tight enough, so the belt teeth were slipping while the motor was turning. After discovering this, tightened the belt and every print has been amazing since! I'm hoping to start...

Continue reading →

The printer is finally assembled

I was finally able to finish putting the 3d printer together, but the prints have not turned out so well. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but I've met a lot of people in the BB-8 Builders...

Continue reading →

The printer is almost fully assembled

After finally receiving the frame, I was able to begin assembling the printer. I should have this assembled and printing soon!

Continue reading →

The dome is almost done!

After three months of sanding and priming and sanding and priming some more, we have finally finished painting the base colors on the dome pieces. We used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover Flat Black Paint + Primer for the...

Continue reading →

We ordered a 3d printer off Chinese Ebay

Alright, well, not exactly Chinese Ebay. But we almost did. This was just normal ebay with the seller based in China. We found a printer that was $5 cheaper and would arrive a lot sooner (it was the exact...

Continue reading →