I’ve started gluing BB-8 dome parts

I’ve started gluing the parts together!

I’ve spent roughly 20 hours sanding the different pieces using anywhere from 60 grit to 1000 grit (all by hand). The parts have started to become extremely smooth, but I did notice that there were a few layers in the main portion of the dome, but from the information I’ve gathered, this is something that can be dealt with during the painting phase.

I couldn’t find my weights to weigh the pieces down while the glue cured, so I had to improvise. I was able to find my weights shortly after this photo was taken.

Boxes stacked for weight

SHARE IT:

Leave a Reply

You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>